Nothing makes me happier than a cup of coffee and baked good. As I became more careful about my nutrition (not diet!), I thought that muffins were out of my orbit. Not so fast. These Chocolate Chip Coconut Flour muffins are delish. You know how l love coconut flour for its nutrition density — this fits the bill. And, you can even add a little protein to them if you want even more nutrition bang.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (vegan, no added sugar if needed)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees; coat muffin tin liberally with cooking spray or use muffins cups for better on-the-go.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, banana, avocado oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Next, add cocoa powder until fully mixed.
- Whisk in baking soda, salt, and almond milk and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Stir in protein powder (optional) and coconut flour. Fold in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into muffin cups; sprinkle additional chocolate chips or crushed walnuts on top. So easy! Moare quick, easy, and healthy recipes to come!