Smoothies make nutrition fast and easy and often pretty complete. To brighten up a busy day at home, I make a tart (and a tad sweet) cherry smoothie. I either have it at the tail end of my morning or add an energy boost to my afternoon.
Cherries are a great source of Vitamin C, Potassium, fiber, and antioxidants. They are super for exercise recovery (after a morning workout) and improve sleep quality (late afternoon)! So why not make a smoothie centered around this excellent tasting base!
To make it even more useful for my body, I add cauliflower! Yes, cauliflower! It’s high in fiber and B-vitamins, all of which support weight loss, digestion, and mood. And a recent NIH study found that the stuff is full of antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against disease. But that’s not all – cauliflower has some very hard to find nutrients, including choline, so essential for cognitive function — learning and memory. Just what I need right now.
High Fiber Cherry Smoothie
- ½ Cup Coconut or Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Frozen Pitted Cherries
- ½ Cup Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 1 Large Banana
- ½ Apple
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract, Optional
- 3 Teaspoons Maple Syrup or Honey
- Place the milk, frozen cherries, banana, yogurt, and almond extract into a blender.
- Place the lid on the blender. Pulse and blend the ingredients for 1-2 minutes, until smooth. Serve immediately!
Look for more delish recipes that have healthy foods for Menopause health to come!