Who doesn’t love a delish bake good? An indulgence that’s comforting, sweet, with great texture? But I don’t eat gluten and I prefer low sugar and I need protein and fiber. A tall order for a little treat that should be tasty too! Well, this mixed berry muffin recipe has it all — flavor, texture, taste, and nutrition! I’m always looking for something to eat that feels like a cheat, but it’s not.
These Mixed Berry Muffins make a super breakfast or midday snack and take less than 30 minutes to make!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup Ryze Gluten Free flour
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- Almond slices/slivers to top muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place paper muffin cups (great portability).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, maple syrup, coconut cream, melted coconut oil, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- If using frozen berries, rinse them under cold water until the water runs clear to avoid discoloration in the muffin batter. Fold the berries into the batter. Transfer the batter to the muffin pan. Place a pinch of almond slices on top of the muffins to add a bit of texture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If using frozen berries, you’ll need the slightly longer cook time). Cool on a wire rack before serving.
I like them warm! Enjoy! And let me know what you think!
One thought on “Healthy Mixed Berry Muffins”
These look delicious!